"We get to reimagine retail again, and that's what we're going to do" - Doug McMillon, CEO
Company Mission: Save Money. Live Better.
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 265 million customers and members visit our 11,501 stores under 56 banners in 27 countries and e-commerce websites in 10 countries. With fiscal year 2019 revenue of $514.4 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It’s all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.
Culture is the foundation of everything we do at Walmart. We define culture as our values in action. It’s how we deliver superior customer service, create a great front-line work environment and improve performance in order to achieve our common purpose of saving people money so they can live better.
Values & Behaviors
- Service to the Customer
- Customer First – Listen to, anticipate and serve customer wants and needs
- Frontline Focused – Support and empower associates to serve customer everyday
- Innovative and Agile – Be creative, take smart risks and move with speed
- Respect for the Individual
- Listen – Be visible and available; collaborate with others and be open to feedback
- Lead by Example – Be humble, teach and trust others to do their jobs; give honest and direct feedback
- Inclusive – Seek and embrace differences in people, ideas and experiences
- Strive for Excellence
- High Performance – Set and achieve aggressive goals
- Accountable – Take ownership, celebrate successes and be responsible for results
- Strategic – Make clear choices, anticipate changing conditions and plan for the future
- Act with Integrity
- Honest – Tell the truth, keep your promises and be trustworthy
- Fair – Do right by others; be open and transparent
- Courageous – Speak up, ask for help, make tough calls and say no when appropriate
A History of Advancement, An Opportunity to Succeed
Walmart is a place of opportunity. Here, you can go as far as your hard work and talent will take you. Our associates are building better lives for their families, and we’re proud to be a part of their success stories. We offer competitive pay, health care and beneﬁts, as well as bonus opportunities, merchandise discounts, and most of all, a chance to move up.
- Last year, we promoted more than 215,000 people to jobs with more responsibility and higher pay.
- Over 300,000 associates have been with Walmart for 10 years or more.
- Last year, associates earned more than $550 million in bonuses.
- As the world’s largest retailer, Walmart offers the opportunity for personal and professional growth on an unprecedented scale. Here, you'll find the chance to not only impact the community you live and work in but others both domestically and internationally, to innovate for the next generation of customers, and to build a career doing what you love.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Walmart, we believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity—unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions—while being inclusive of all people.
Bring your whole self to work - Inclusion is the key to growing our business. By fostering a workplace culture where everyone is—and feels—included, everyone wins.
Truth in Numbers:
- Over 10 years of active associate resource groups
- 2020 Disability Equality Index Score: 100
- 56% of Walmart managers are women
Information on Walmart's 2021 Internships and Full-Time Roles coming soon!
"That’s the essence of our mission — to create an inclusive culture where all associates work together to deliver on our shared purpose."
- Ben Hasan, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer